Cooper had his first trip the the pumpkin patch yesterday. We had a bit of a late start, but we enjoyed some delicious food and took a spin on the hayride with the company of his Cousin, Aunt, and Uncle. We sure did catch the attention of many children yesterday. I do know they are only children, but the looks on some of their faces just made me so upset. There was this young girl in line in front of us who literally did not take her eyes off Cooper the ENTIRE time. This was the first time a little child has ever made me so uncomfortable. Usually children come right up and ask, "What happened?" or "What's wrong with his lip?" which I don't mind by any means. It is when they gawk that really disturbs me. But, I know it's all in parenting, 99% of the children that notice Coop in public usually are very polite and know not to stare too long. Thank you to those of you who instill good manners in your children. I know parents of children who look a little different really appreciate it. This is just something that is part of having a cleft child I guess, and I would not change a thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment