
This past week I've really been feeling the Halloween spirit. In my house growing up, there were always special traditions we celebrated each year come Halloween time. We had the house dressed in spooky pumpkins, skeletons, bats, and ghosts. Of course we'd make a point to watch every Halloween tv special-maybe even more than once. When I was really young, back in the VHS days my mom recorded Disney's Halloween Treat (the one with the talking mirror, not the talking pumpkin) and Garfield's Halloween Adventure. For almost 15 years I watched this dusty old VHS before it became nearly impossible to even find a player to watch it.
After days of searching I finally found what I was looking for. I now have the same videos to share with my little guy. Let the traditions begin!
Trip #1 to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm:
You'd think he's screaming bloody murder here, but surprisingly he was cracking up over the sheep. When he's nervous or a little scared, he leashes out this crazy laugh. Just like this.


Apparently being fed nonstop in a petting zoo isn't enough. Rope is pretty tasty too.

Someone got a little impatient waiting in line for the hayride. Really, when this 18 month old runs out of snacks this is usually the outcome.



Last year's hayride pic:
The beautiful girls in Coop's life-Auntie Rachel and Cousin Kristen or "Kitten" as Coop would say.


Seriously, this is the sunset we had that night. Unbelievable right?!

Since Coop was only 6 months last year, he wasn't really able to actually soak in and enjoy anything Halloween-ie, so this year I had the overwhelming urge to intoxicate him with everything Spooky. Surprisingly enough, he still hasn't learned fear which I guess is a good thing. Just walk through the doors of Spirit Halloween and you'll know what I mean.
Trip #2 to Bishop's:

Where'd my baby go? All of a sudden I'm a mother to a boy. Like a rough-n-tumble, skinned knees, " I wanna play in the mud" kind of boy.




I think we made Coop's dreams come true this day. Not only did he play in a real train, he also had the chance to ride on the running train through the pumpkin patch. All day he was whistling, Hoo hoo.

Hay covered trampoline. The first night he stepped foot on this he was terrified, second time around he was a pro, jumping and cannon balling away..

Cute little petting zoo. The City of Wheeland. They even have a Goatel 6, where They'll leave the light on for ewe!





Our first of many pumpkin carvings. Following tradition, we were rockin' out to the classic Halloween party songs.

Of course he tries to eat it. He's Cooper James, he'll eat anything.


A few of these may have been consumed prior to baking.....



Final product: Clefty Pumpkin!

Giving Mr. Pumpkin kisses goodnight.

Halloween tradition checklist,
- Decorate the house-check
- Go to the pumpkin patch-check
- Get awesome Chicken Costume-check
- Carve a pumpkin-check
- Have a marathon of Halloween Specials-FINALLY check
Monday we will go to the Historic Downtown to do all the trick-or-treating. I will have many pics of Coop dawning his chicken suit. The boy loves anything with a beak and thinks they're all ducks so really, he's a "duck" for Halloween.

Have a Happy Safe Halloween Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment