(Sneaky baby pulled off tegaderm while sleeping) :(
Cooper has his first appointment with the surgeon since he got his NAM in when he was 5 weeks old. I am quite anxious because Cooper is in the low percentile for his weight gain. He was born 6lbs 7.5oz, the last we weighed him was at 4 months where he tipped the scales at a whopping 12lbs 10oz. :/ His cousin who is almost 3 months younger was born 7lbs 12oz and is now over 10 lbs and just turned 2 mos Monday. I hope the doctor has good news for us, and we can make a set date to look forward to. The doctors say that it is common for the surgery to take place at 6mos when going through the entire NAM process. Without the NAM, they usually due surgery at 3mos as long as the baby meets weight requirements. At our last NAM adjustment, we found out Cooper's palate gap decreased from 12mm down to 2mm! It is almost touching! As far as weight though, we would still have a month to pack on the pounds before surgery if all goes as planned tomorrow. *Cross your fingers* We have been adding 1/2 tbsp of rice cereal to each 5oz bottle of formula in hopes of pushing the weight gain, but Cooper is just not gaining significantly. Maybe it is because he never stops moving! He was the same way in my belly-always rolling, kicking, PUNCHING, I think he knew his daddy's a MMA Fighter and he wanted to get a head start! I am grateful he is a healthy HAPPY baby and I think his weight is just fine. Lets hope the doctor does too!
Chillin' with "Dog Dog" Caster
No comments:
Post a Comment