Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We Have a Date!

Today my worries of whether Cooper met the proper weight requirements for surgery were completely diminished! He weighed 12lbs 10 oz 2 weeks ago and today he weighed in at 13lbs 5.4oz! So, November 16 he will have his lip and soft palate repaired. I was hoping the surgery would take place in October, but his surgeon (Dr. Senders @ U.C. Davis Children's Hospital) is booked until November. My husband and I will be celebrating our 7 year "original" anniversary in the Ronald McDonald House November 15 for Cooper's pre-op appointment. I know that will be a night to remember. I doubt I will get any sleep knowing my little baby will be getting surgery the following day. He's having more done at 6 months than mommy's ever had in her life! Just the thought of him having to be put down for a major surgery when I've never even broken a bone, let alone surgery! Thankfully I know GOD will be with us through the whole process which is something I have complete faith in.

We have many praying for us, even strangers we meet in the stores. It's always uplifting to run into those who have a positive outlook on our situation rather than gawking at us, or showing pity. Just the other day, a woman in $Tree just HAD to get a look at Coop, not yet seeing his cleft, and paused once she saw his face. Of course as many of you know, I gave the ROUTINE-He has a cleft lip...da di da da....She just smiled at me and said, " I just can't get over how beautiful his eyes are. God Bless you for taking the measures to repair his lip, I know he's getting the best care possible. You are a wonderful gift. God Bless you and you are in my prayers. Hopefully I'll run into you again to see that precious boy." Before I knew it she grabbed Coop by the head and KISSED him! Then she gripped my arm and kissed me! I can say that's the first time a stranger has ever been so close. But what a wonderful experience when on a day-to-day basis you get glares and ignorant people saying ignorant remarks. Thank You to all those who see what a great gift our "special" children are.

A First Today:


Cooper is one of those babies who HAS to be swaddled to go to bed. Tonight while reading to him, I looked over my book and noticed he was fast asleep! Yay! Daddy was just joking with me this evening about how great it would be if Coop fell asleep in his boppy on his own some day. Well, there you go Dad...that day has finally come!

No comments:

Post a Comment