It has come time to say goodbye to our little one's open smile. We have all anxiously awaited his surgery and having his "problem fixed," since we first knew of his cleft at 20 weeks gestation. Now that the day is quickly approaching, it is becoming more realistic to what we are actually enduring. We are losing the precious little smile that the whole family has come to love and the face that we have all adored since we first set eyes on him. We have learned to adjust to the cleft, and in fact, it is actually strange to see babies without clefts because Coop is what I'm used to. He is my love, and I know I'll learn to love his NEW smile. He'll probably be even 10 times more adorable. Hey, I get a second FIRST smile out of my child. Not many parents have that privilege. I could not imagine my life any other way. I'm grateful that I was chosen to raise a child who needed that extra special attention, I think that if this had not panned out the way it has, I would have taken the gift of being a parent for granted. Sure I would have been ecstatic still, but having Cooper has opened my eyes to just how precious every moment is when you're given the blessing of a child. Every movement when he was in my belly was a reminder of how powerful life is, and to this day I admire everything about my son. His innocence is what hits me the hardest, with all he has had to go through, he knows no different. Nothing phases him. He is Cooper the Little Trooper! Please keep us in your prayers Cooper will undergo surgery on Tuesday.
Now we are going to savor every second with him as we start our weekend. Happy Friday!
Thoughts and prayers for you guys...I so remember those last few days, I think I tried to type my blog post a hundred times, it never was just right. Yours is beautiful! These little ones are just so incredible-I feel equally blessed. Good luck Tuesday, I can't wait to get an update! HUGS...
ReplyDelete~Kalissa