Friday, November 26, 2010

Post-Op

Wednesday was our 1 week post-op, and we had a terrible experience. We met with a resident at our hospital (not yet a Dr. or Surgeon) who took out the stitches in his nostrils that were holding the nasal stents in. She also removed the glue and goop around the surgery site. Poor little Coop had a rough time with the visit. Apparently  the nose adhesion didn't close together with the lip too well. It had come apart sometime before the visit she stated, yet did nothing about it. I was shocked to hear the words, "Ohh, that doesn't look too good, I'm worried about that." and then have her pack us with supplies and say "Here you go. We'll see you next week." What?! That's not what you want to hear from a professional, especially when it concerns your baby. I refused to leave the office until she put in some sort of effort into helping us. It was really a ridiculous Dr. visit. First she suggested to keep the nasal stents in by thin steri strips. She did a few strips around the nose and aahhh-choo it blew out on the floor, then she spent 15 min troubleshooting and then she came to the conclusion that she'd just tape his ENTIRE face. Hmm that'll do the job...... It's just troubling seeing someone you are expecting to trust as a professional act so uneducated when they are working with you. I have to tell you the tape job was absolutely awesome! The best part is that I was expected to tape it as she did each time. Just check out the pictures and you'll see what I mean. Maybe we will receive better help next week. Fingers Crossed!
Note the crookedness of the nasal stents
I'm to do this everytime?! Really...


Thanks to the mom's on babycenter, I found a much easier, and logical way to tape him. Thanks Betsy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment