I recently realized that I am growing more and more in love with my little guy. Of course obvious to some, but really I found a new love for him. I respect him in all his ways. He learns something new everyday, little habits or new sounds.
Here are some of the new things that make me fall in love over and over again,
Finding his "Uck" in the tub, or whispering "ack ak aakk" that shortly follows. Deliberately stacking the smallest cup, into medium cup, into the large cup before filling it full with bathwater and gulping it down. (Eww I know) Then remembering to share his fancy beverage with his "rog" spout cover and gently placing the cup to frog's mouth.
Grabbing his "gall" and tossing it overhead to anyone who asks. My son became a quaterback before my eyes.
The lack of fear to climb on, over, or under anything he sees.
Genuinely helping Momma pick up toys and putting each "gall" and "uck" in its proper place.
His overwhelming curiousity to see what could be lurking behind the woodstove and feeling the need to go investigate.
Getting kisses not just from Joel. Cooper has just learned to plant a big 'ol wet one straight on my lips. Just the other night I was rocking with him right before bed, when he smooch kissed me on my chest. The first real deliberate kiss saying, "I love you mom."
Being such a know-it-all. After his morning nap we practice flashcards. Those touch and feel kind. He knows tractor, car, baby, cat, dog, duck, ball, and keys. Of course there is always a sound that describes each word and Coop likes to imitate them.
Hearing race car sounds. Coop will go around the house saying vroom vroom vrooom while pushing his race car around. It's a sweet an innocent sound. But then his sweet vroom vroom vrooom turned into a scary devil like sound that rattles deep into his chest. This new sound is for his tractor. A much deeper, dark, scary vroom vroom vroom.
Mornings. Every morning when I go to greet Cooper and welcome him to the lovely day that awaits him. He greets me with his "gog." It's his special Lovey Grandma gave him for Valentine's Day. It was white at some point....you'd never guess that though. Lovey goes everywhere! Including his weekly trip to the washing machine.
Duets with my toddler. Cooper isn't into books yet too much. If I try to read to him he grabs the book and tries to eat it. Or close it. Or climb on top of it to blind my vision of it. He and I choose to sing instead. One of the main hits in our two man band is Skinamirinky..You know, I love you in the morning, and in the afternoon....Well let me tell you, the two of us have this choreography down! Every time he wants to sing he raises his arms way up to the sky and waves them. That is my cue.
Sharing his kind heart. At every meal, every snack, Coop insists on sharing his food with me. It's so sweet knowing how sincere he is about it. Small thing, but I love it.
Cuddling on the floor. Every time the night closes in, Cooper does this funny half summer-salt position, or downward facing dog. He goes around the house stopping every few feet to lie his head on the ground to go ni-night. Every time he gets to this point, I make sure to lay my head on the floor for my little guy to come and rest his beside me. It is our time.
I love our booty shaking half hour. This dance party usually follows dinner, before bedtime. I cannot express how much my heart is filled during this time. We are face to face, exchanging smiles and silly laughter. The kind of laughter that makes you feel like you just did a million sit ups. The best kind. I see the trust and joy in his eyes as he throws his head back to bounce upside down.
Clearly he is ambitious. Whenever he has something he wants to show me, he comes over, grabs my hand, and flips it over to place the object in my hand. I love this. He is so assertive in everything he does.
The above is just some of the things I love about him. Really there aren't enough hours in a day to tell you all that I love.
This is the best toy ever mom!
Don't worry. We are the people who have a beer with dinner occasionally
Cooper has a wise soul. He has the need to explore everything and conduct experiments to know how everything works. He retains everything he sees and puts it to use in the most unexpected times.
I love my little boy, I know in 12 years I'll love my teenager, and one day I will be proud to love the man named Cooper.



you are such an amazing mommy...I loved reading this. :)
ReplyDelete