Yesterday, Joel and I celebrated our 2 Year Wedding Anniversary. I still can't believe it has almost been 8 years since we started our life together. We've been through our ups and downs like any other couple, but when it's good it's GOOD. I know many relationships struggle when obstacles are thrown their way, but honestly Cooper has just made us stronger by going through such a journey with his cleft and everything tied to it. We are blessed to share the life we have.
Sunday we enjoyed a day hike with our little man, and Grandma watched him in the evening so Joel and I could spend a nice evening together as husband and wife. Though it's hard to go out and talk about anything other than the baby, or bills, or drama in life, we managed to do so. We were on a date, like when we were teenagers, although this time we got to devour something other than fast food, and shared laughs while slurping up our massive margaritas.The evening concluded with the first trip to the movie theater since Cooper made his appearance. All in all, a beautiful evening.
Joel had to work late yesterday, so I surprised him with a steak dinner with shrimp scampi, wine, and an amazing cake batter ice cream, strawberry cheescake concoction for dessert.
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete