Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's Saturday? Already!?

This week has been one of those jumbled up weeks. You know the ones where you feel like you've had no sleep, and can't seem to remember anything from the prior day, and before you know it it's the weekend again already? I feel like Adam Sandler in Click, as if someone just hit the fast-forward button.  I guess I can blame the busy 4th of July weekend. While I was still working or in school, these weeks were such a bonus. I didn't think Holidays would affect me know that I'm at home, but man, I'm all outta whack.

My weekend at a glance:

Last Friday, I attended my first Muay Thai/Kickboxing event to support Joel. His last fight wasn't in his favor and he had his first defeat. This time around he had a large support group, and was much more focused and controlled. Though I cringe at the thought of my Love getting hurt, I have to say he did an amazing job and dominated his opponent. I am so proud of his victory by unanimous decision.


We didn't get to my brother's until nearly 2am Saturday morning, and didn't have much time to sleep before waking to another busy day. Saturday was Cooper's best friend's  1st Birthday. Luckily we had spent the night there to help get everything ready for the big day.

It was a good day:






*Joel's task was to be in charge of sidewalk art*

(Note the wrapped foot..It was black and blue and swollen like a grapefruit)




 Good Morning Sunshine. Today is your big day






Cooper being the experienced birthday cake eater, had to show her how it's done!


Did I mention there was a humongous bounce house with a waterslide attached? Oh, I didn't? Well, lets just say it got more use from the adults than the kiddos there.


Round 2 of cake eating..





Monday we started on our way back home by stopping at One Mile to swim and people watch. The kids were in such awe of all that was going on  this happened:


This never happens. Cooper is somewhat afraid of Kristen, but she is infatuated by him. Every time she draws close, he runs to the nearest adult. My boy is afraid of girls...




I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! God Bless America

No comments:

Post a Comment