This past week has been a full blown hurricane of emotions. A very good opportunity was presented to Joel this week, one that has been in discussion many times throughout the years. Due to a new job opening, Joel is leaving the field of work he has been in, and excelled at since over the last 6 years. With this new opportunity, brings relocation. Moving from the house I lived my last month of pregnancy, where I labored in and had my water splash on the bathroom floor. Where we first passed through the front door with our newborn baby in tow, and showed him every part of his new home as if we were reliving our first walk through with the Realtor.
Just a few days old, getting his beauty rest with Dad.
This week brings much joy, and sadness. I know it is just the beginning of our future, and we are closing the previous chapter that we knew of our lives. We are shutting one door and opening a window, one that will hold a bright future to build our family the way we always intended. It is hard leaving the past, making what is now, a memory. Lord knows we have produced many memories in the past year. Fast forward a few months, we will establish our new normal. We will develop new routines, new stories, and many new memories. In the next few weeks the forecast shows there is still a storm lingering on the horizon. It will pass, but it will be hell when it reaches shore. Like the saying goes, "when it rains, it pours."
On the bright side of all this, my precious son is oblivious to all that is going on. He randomly picks empty boxes and throws his toys inside, and grins with his little jack-o-lantern smile as he cautiously carries his over sized load of toys to me. There is something about a child's innocence that makes my heart melt, and exhausts any negative feeling I may have. It makes me think, why waste these precious moments dwelling on negativity, or what could have been? I'm grateful for my little 14 month old showing his Momma how to live life the way it was meant to be lived.
While we're still in this house of memories, I am cherishing every moment. I'm taking mental snapshots of how life is right now. How it has evolved since we welcomed our precious little boy into this house in the woods. I will miss his daily ventures onto the window sill to let me know there are vroom vrooms that pass by, and that he wants to go, "guy guy" in the vroom vroom.
Coop is letting it be known that a car just passed by.
Cooper's Very First Room
What I'm learning most right now, is that this is all happening for a reason. It may be hard right now, but the things that are cherished most in life are not easily given to you. There is often heartbreak, stress, and much work to receive the beautiful outcome we all deserve.
Here's to our future Coop!

No comments:
Post a Comment