Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to the Good Stuff

There is way too much to catch up on these days, so that is why I'll share just the highlights to bring everyone up to date. The last week I've been waking before the crack of dawn at 4:45am. I think it's my unintentional way of getting some well needed alone time to read my favorite blogs, and unwind for the busy day ahead. I'm sitting here in the dark with a house full of two families sleeping soundly,  and I am realizing how thankful I am that I am capable of being an early bird. This is the only time of complete peace, and I am happy to take advantage. Even if it means waking up before the sun.



Cooper is such an amazing little man, everyday I am in awe of how resilient he is to change. I know he's just a toddler, but one would think that packing all his belongings (along with the kitchen sink) might at least show some affect on him. Nope. Not my son, the only major changes I've seen during our major move is the fact he usually doesn't wake until 8:30am and now he's waking up at 6:30 for a half hour then falls back asleep until 7:30. But the only reason for that is the fact we share a room now so he is a very light sleeper. Since the move Coop has developed a need for a security blanket. There is no particular one blanket he fancies, just something to chew on to make him at ease. For what I was expecting, he is doing outstanding and I am so proud of him for that!


 My boys decided to play Mommy for dinner...This is Joel's idea of a Suzy Homemaker.

Our days and weekends seem to run together now. It's playtime-all the time trying to entertain two children. Coop and I have become regulars at the local parks, frozen yogurt shops, and kids' consignment stores. Any outing is a blessing just to break up the day and boost morale in the house. Sometimes we don't even need to get out...the kids can brighten any dull mood just by being kids.




The family recently celebrated Gram's 84th Birthday this month. We used this as the perfect chance to bring the entire family together. There is something truly amazing about seeing all the munchkins playing together. All three cousins born within just months of eachother, are now to the most absolute fun age where they can actually play together. This is where I know God stepped in to bring our family just that much closer.


One of the advantages of where we live, is that there so many beautiful parks to enjoy. For years I've been yearning to go to the public pool here (more like a waterpark.) It has rock climbing walls overhanging the pool, and a huge twisty half-tube slide for adults to bring out their inner-child, but coolest feature of this place is the toddler play area. It's like a tree house with every squirt hose, water-splashing, toy you can think of attatched to every inch of it all set in the center of a shallow beach area. Unfortunately, we did not take advantage of this awesome place sooner. We went on the last weekday it was open. I was so impressed with it that I made Joel come along with us the next weekend to join in the fun. A few trips down the oversized slide and he was 5 years old again.





 Man, take a gander at those eyes.....

Although I'm trying to soak up every last bit of summer, I couldn't be more anxious for Fall. After all, it is my favorite season.


The other day we blew Coop's mind. There are three things you need to know about Cooper:
1. He will eat like there's no tomorrow.
2. If given the chance, he'd sleep all day long.
3. Most importantly, he has two obsessions--Cars and DUCKS


We thought of the perfect place to meet two of the three listed above.



In this photo, Coop took a break from shouting Vroom Vroom to glance back at me for a sweet shot.


Sometimes I think, "Is there a pause button?!" Seriously though, I just love my little boy's innocence so much. He's still a Momma's boy, and I know someday soon he'll surely grow out of that. He'll have his fun learning guy things from his Dad, while I will have to sit back a watch from the bleachers. Of course I will always be there when he has a a bad boo boo, or gets in trouble at school, and even has his first broken heart. But for now...he's my little boy.



This is the famous Popeye face. Coop has mastered it so well that we are looking into ordering him an outfit for Halloween. Picture it...Popeye and Olive Oil.



My son would rather push his own stroller, I mean come on, strollers are for baabies.


Early morning outing to the park. Not a soul in sight. It was wonderful.



Who couldn't love that crooked smile? I might have to fight ya if you disagree! :)

                         Why not another Popeye face?....
Hopefully I'll be more faithful  to my blog thanks to my internal clock. Have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment