38 weeks pregnant for the first time, I found myself confused whether or not I was truly in labor. No matter what anyone tells you, labor is different for each and every woman. Signs of labor vary. For some, it is very obvious and for others it is just a guessing game. That was my case. Unsure of whether my contractions were the real deal or not, I waited at home for quite a while timing their pattern. My nerves finally got the best of me and I decided I best go to the hospital. The hospital was fairly empty with it being 3am in the morning, but fortunately I was treated right away. Although 3cm dilated, 100% effaced, they monitored me for around an hour and let me know I was having "spasms" and that I wouldn't be going in to labor so I was sent home. Less than an hour later, my "spasms" were ridiculous and before I new it, my water broke. My husband and I were educated in a 7 week childbirth course and new that the liquid shouldn't have odor. Even with that knowledge, we weren't sure if in fact my water broke or I had an accident. All dignity went out the window when we were both on the floor smelling the liquid. Laughing our butts off, we couldn't believe what we were doing, and yes, it was in fact my water that broke. I called my midwife and off we went BACK to the hospital. I was now 5cm, and progressing very fast. Only in labor for 8 hrs with no medication, little Cooper Douglas entered the world pure and healthy. Of course, this was the happiest moment for my husband and I. 6lbs 7oz, our little boy was greeted by his entire family, who immediately took to him-Cleft lip and all. He took to breastfeeding, ate without any problem using the Haberman, and we were all discharged 2 days later with a clean bill of health. I couldn't be more grateful for such an easy pregnancy, delivery, and having the happiest little baby boy.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
April 23, 2010
38 weeks pregnant for the first time, I found myself confused whether or not I was truly in labor. No matter what anyone tells you, labor is different for each and every woman. Signs of labor vary. For some, it is very obvious and for others it is just a guessing game. That was my case. Unsure of whether my contractions were the real deal or not, I waited at home for quite a while timing their pattern. My nerves finally got the best of me and I decided I best go to the hospital. The hospital was fairly empty with it being 3am in the morning, but fortunately I was treated right away. Although 3cm dilated, 100% effaced, they monitored me for around an hour and let me know I was having "spasms" and that I wouldn't be going in to labor so I was sent home. Less than an hour later, my "spasms" were ridiculous and before I new it, my water broke. My husband and I were educated in a 7 week childbirth course and new that the liquid shouldn't have odor. Even with that knowledge, we weren't sure if in fact my water broke or I had an accident. All dignity went out the window when we were both on the floor smelling the liquid. Laughing our butts off, we couldn't believe what we were doing, and yes, it was in fact my water that broke. I called my midwife and off we went BACK to the hospital. I was now 5cm, and progressing very fast. Only in labor for 8 hrs with no medication, little Cooper Douglas entered the world pure and healthy. Of course, this was the happiest moment for my husband and I. 6lbs 7oz, our little boy was greeted by his entire family, who immediately took to him-Cleft lip and all. He took to breastfeeding, ate without any problem using the Haberman, and we were all discharged 2 days later with a clean bill of health. I couldn't be more grateful for such an easy pregnancy, delivery, and having the happiest little baby boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment