
So lately I've caught the holiday bug. I'm sitting here listening to Pandora, Christmas Style. I've always enjoyed the holidays, but man, it is so much better with a special someone to share them with. It's a way to relive my childhood. I get to be a child vicariously through Cooper. This is all new to him. A clean slate if you will. I can't explain what an awesome feeling it is to know that I hold the keys to my child's imagination of future Christmas'. I can instill that wholesome Christmas spirit for him to look forward to each year; Dreaming of Santa on the rooftop, and half-eaten cookies and milk sitting by the fireplace. The sky's the limit really.

Thanksgiving Decor

Just some of the yummy appetizers

Grandpa Mike and Cousin Aaron

Attempt to get a family pic before saying grace...I think we're missing a few...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not only focusing on the imaginary side of Christmas, I want him to know the whole story of our Lord. I want him to know how our Savior was born, and would one day save us for our sins. I grew up kinda knowing the story...but really, it was just a story at that time. Coop will know better, and hopefully have a much greater respect than I did.
![]() |
| Grandpa Derek |

I tend to get really mushy around the holidays, maybe it's all the sappy Christmas movies or family gatherings. Christmas wasn't always the happiest time for me in the past, but in the last few years it's kind of grown on me. Not only is it new for my son, it's also kind of new for me. I have my own family to create new traditions and that somehow seems to heal all the wounds. So, Thank You Cooper James.

Oh boy, little man is sure learning how to obey with the Christmas tree set up. There's a whole new meaning to, "No honey, don't touch Momma's pretties."

This is one of the first ornaments Joel and I had together. We received it as a present from our apartment manager so many years ago. Thanks Jessica.



Yay, all the citrus is ready to eat! Coop and I have been feasting on mandarins and oranges freshly picked from our backyard :) So awesome!


Christmas books from my childhood. Coop now enjoys The Snowman Postman.



The greatest gift I've ever received! My handsome little man.



Seriously, I have to thank God for everything in my life. I now have that relationship that I've always dreamed of with Him. He's made all the happiness in my life and I couldn't be more grateful. Think about it, He gives the best presents ever.

Enjoying a beautiful Fall day at the park by our house. So glad cousin was able to make it.


There are many action shots I have of these two throwing leaves up in the air. Seriously, it fills my heart with joy. Blurriness and all...


This was Kristen throwing a tantrum...she just needed a break from all the fun!


Happy Holidays Y'all!

YAY, I love your pics...and your message. :) I needed a little pick-me-up tonight, thanks.
ReplyDelete