Monday, January 31, 2011

Busy-Bees

He was Mmm-ing for some food
The Douglas family has been super busy since I last posted. Last week we celebrated the birthdays for my wonderful mother, and brother.
Cousins at Pizza Round-Up in Loma Rica
Cooper had such a long day out, he fell asleep in the car playing with Great-Grandma. (Coop doesn't go down easy in the car at all.)


Shortly after the weekend concluded, Cooper developed his first fever which was not accompanied by any symptoms. He had received the 2nd part of his flu shot 5 days prior, yet I still don't know if there was any link between the shot & fever.  For 2 days, both Cooper and I had zero sleep. My poor little guy was like a limp noodle stuck to my chest. I swear I had someone Else's baby. Cooper had become completely motionless, demanding I not put him down. Not even for a second! I realized just how sick he was when Mr. Independent just wanted to be held chest-to-chest all day  for 2 long days.  He maintained an appetite which was a good sign, and his fever didn't peak past 101.9.

Now that I know he's okay, I am very grateful for a little bonding time with my boy. Although I am with him everyday, I feel like I don't ever get "Cuddle" time with him. Coop is a complete Momma's boy, but just a very independent Momma's boy. I look forward to his need for me next time he catches a little bug, so I can be there for him and just slow life down a bit. Time is going by way too quickly.

First Day of Feeling Better-Crakin' Smiles

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment