Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

On this day last year, I was a new mother to a 2 week old baby boy, and spent the morning stuffing a sweet strawberry cream cheese mixture into fluffy Texas bread for a special Mother's Day brunch. Both of my brothers' wives were pregnant, and my Mother and Grandma were delighted to share the morning with their growing family.

This year, I got to spend the day admiring my growing family.  I was back in the kitchen getting my hands dirty cutting up fresh fruit and whipping cream, trying to save our morning brunch after the waffle maker decided to croak and die after 1 waffle. Needless to say, our Belgian waffle brunch turned into a Belgian pancake brunch. All in all it turned out Delicious. 
Another advantage to this year, is that all the babies are here and getting so big. Everyone was happy and sharing stories, blending the families together.

Here is Cooper and the youngest of the babies, Aaron Jr.


Great-Gram getting sugar from the,"Other boy" in the family


My Mother soaking up sweet, sunny smiles 


After we devoured all the pancakes with fresh whipped cream and fruit we could handle, our guests said their goodbyes and continued their day. We napped, and then it was time for "Operation Mischief." 

Cooper thought it was very funny to dance in the drawer while watching The Wiggles for the first time.


After a long day of pancake making, pancake eating, and destroying the living room, the boys rested while I secretly embraced every second of watching them watch TV.
**Notice how they are both lying.


I hope all you Mothers had a special day of your own.


Happy Monday!

1 comment: